August 3, 2008

Back Home


A view of a meadow, the sun and the mountains in the distance from the campgrounds.


Ok, I am back from vacation, and I think I have recovered.

We arrived back in Boston Wednesday morning having taken the red-eye out of Seattle at 10pm, that is 1:00am Boston time, and landed at 8:30am having a brief stopover in Detroit about 5:30am. Any one who has taken one of those cross-country overnight flights knows that the sleep one gets on them can hardly be called sleep; mostly it is fit full napping. Needless to say we were toasted when we arrived back in town the weather had been so-so in Seattle, appropriate to legend, it rained some days, and was sunny others. Our arrival back in town as greeted with sunny, hot and muggy weather, which hit us like a brick and only increased out sense of toastedness. We spent the rest of the day sort of stumbling around the house unpacking, doing laundry and catching up on email and the like. I had intended to stop into the office briefly, but never made it. I did check messages and email from home, and other than some follow up on a re-carpeting the theatre, there wasn’t much happening. Somehow we survived the day.

In spite of the general exhaustion, I found it hard to go to bed too early as almost 2 weeks on the west coast had readjusted my internal clock and I was running 3 hours earlier that Boston time. I did manage to get to bed about 11pm, and slept soundly. Getting up on time and getting back to routine was a little difficult, particularly for the boy. But we were back at it in full swing on Thursday, vacation a distant dream.

Rather than blog the whole trip day-by-day, blow-by-blow, I am going to post a few thematic blogs. Too much went on and too much is mundane day-to-day stuff that by now I have probably half forgotten.



Mountain view in Darington, Wa, along the Sauk River Valley. How would you like that as a back yard view?

No comments: