October 10, 2008

Peace! Justice ?

I was up way too early today. Wife had a ‘Women’s Breakfast’ that her office was hosting at a local hotel and she had to be there at 5:30am. I found myself driving through the streets of Boston at 5am. (It is surprisingly easy to get around town at that hour.) It was a warm morning for this time of the year, and as I stepped out of the house the scent and calmness of the morning air enveloped me and brought me to age 13 when I had a morning paper route in Seattle. It would be about the same time of the day that I was out then. There is something special about smell of the air in the predawn hour. It is sweet and clean with just a hint of the sea. I just stood still for a moment, taking in that scent and the memories,

It was just a moment though and sweet though it was, the rest of the day proceeded apace. When I pulled the car out to take Mrs. to the hotel, I noticed a pool of engine coolant on the street. After dropping the boy at school it was back to the mechanic with a WTF look on my face having just spent $900 on Monday to have the radiator and adjacent hoses and fittings replaced. Verdict: Water pump, (I had been hearing a funny noise under the hood the last couple days.) Cost $321.

I am a water sign, (cancer), is someone trying to send me a message?

Someone is watching you.

No comments: